Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Using Food As Medicine

Quite some time ago now I learned the saying, "Let thy food be thy medicine." Before I started on my journey I would have had no idea what they were talking about. Educating myself about nutrition and how to eat properly I now know first hand that this is truth. There are foods that nourish the body so that it can naturally heal and repair itself and then there are foods that are toxic and harmful to our bodies. My experience has shown me that if I stay away from the "bad" for me foods and eat as many "beneficial" foods as I can each day my body performs at an optimal level. For example, I am rarely sick if at all while others around me are constantly complaining of colds and ailments. Cuts and bruises heal quickly. There is no evidence of dis-ease in my body. Sure I have aches and pains, I'm 44, however I feel more youthful today than I did in my 30's when I was extremely full of toxins. I'm not on any medications. None. I have been eating according to the Blood Type Diet by Dr. D'Adamo for a few years now which really simplifies my menu selections. No guess work involved in what is good or bad for me to eat. People from other countries have been eating according to their types for years instinctively. Here in the good ole US however we have a taste for the variety as a melting pot society. Eating what is good for another ethnicity may not be good for our ethnicity. I'm also interested in looking more into an alkaline diet and what that would look like for me. I've included the links to both for your own research and what might work for you. Eat well, live well.

www.dadamo.com/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alkaline_diet

1 comment:

  1. We are informed many in the Orient are intimately aware of their blood type and religiously adhere to a menu restriction for their diet, not unlike what KK is describing above. As they say in the Army, "Too Easy."

    ReplyDelete