Monday, February 24, 2014

Life is About Change

If there is one thing that I have learned it is to be flexible in life. Things are going to change all around us and its easiest on us if we ebb and flow like the grass in the wind. If we are ridged we may break in these every changing times. There have been several times on my journey to better health that I have had to stop and make a correction/ improvement in what we were eating, drinking, supplementing and even thinking. In the beginning it was really hard for me. Over time I have been able to adjust.  I am grateful to be in touch with my body and notice when it requires a change. I have had to make two adjustments to my daily routine lately. A change in supplements and an added snack in the morning.

Recently, I began taking two new supplements to help with my infertility issues. I noticed a few things within a week. Once was that I was more thirsty and the other was that I became hungry during my workout to the point that I felt like I was starving. Well, most protein shakes have a lot of extra additives that I avoid so I had to find something that was not solid food but would tide me over until I was done working out and could eat breakfast. What came to mind was Chia. I tried a tablespoon in 16 oz of water. Guess what? It worked! Woo hoo! Nothing like being hungry during a workout and it only lasts long enough til I can finish my exercise and eat breakfast.

The other thing that happened was that we decided to stop taking a fish oil supplement we had been taking for awhile. I know it's hard to know what advice to listen to on what to take and what not to take. You just have to trust your own instincts sometimes. It had only been a short time since discontinuing the fish oil that I began to notice some joint pain that I had not had before. With vigorous workouts it can be painful. So, we did some research and asked around and were told a few things to try. We are giving flax oil a try first. I just added it to our smoothies and we will see how it goes. An update on this supplement change is that it seems to work great, yea!


No comments:

Post a Comment