Friday, August 9, 2013

Healthy Digestion

I used to struggled with my eating habits for many years. When I was OVER working in the retail industry, I would starve all day (minus a smoothie in the afternoon most days) to avoid getting a bloated stomach. Not healthy. Then when I had gained weight on medications, I began to have a weightloss drink two times a day and then eat dinner. Of course I lost a little but not much. Once we began the "Candida Diet" including portion control, I started to really lose weight. Robert and I had to do lots of research to figure out how to make our body happy with food, especially mine, I've always had some digestion issues. I used to have to take antacids all the time! 

Over the last 6 years, I've finally found the key to digestive happiness. For me, drinking 10 oz of water first thing upon rising, followed by 10 more oz of water with a cap full of Bragg's ACV maybe 15 mins later, gets my digestive track off to a great start. Moves things along if you know what I mean. I drink more water while I exercise, then eat my breakfast @ 9am. I also always drink water at least 20 mins before I eat meals (not during or after, because you don't want to dilute the stomach juices). I drink 10-20 oz water @ 11am. At 11:30am I have a small cup of unsweetened juice (mixture of cranberry, aloe, lemon + calcium powder) and supplements. 11:45am I have my quarter grapefruit/plum or apricot. Between noon and 1 (depending on hunger) I have a mid day meal. Around 2:30, depending on when I had my meal, I drink 10-20 oz of water. Between 3-3:30 I have my lunch. Around 5 I have a green drink and supplements. Around 5:30 I have my carrot/celery/apple/sunbutter snack. At 6 we eat dinner. I don't have any more fluids til morning. Happy tummy. Eating 4 small meals a day with two snacks is very helpful with weight and overall health, as long as you have had enough water throughout the day. I also don't get anymore stomach bloating since I began the Blood Type Diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment