Saturday, June 21, 2014

Self Love is So Important

As I looked in the mirror this morning as I do everyday, I found myself looking at the more defined muscles of my upper body instead of picking apart my lower half. Yes I have saggy skin, cellulite and stubborn fat to get rid of still from my weight loss journey, but today I am making a conscious effort to not solely focus on those areas when I am looking at my reflection. For me it has been a constant struggle to find self love. I am my own worse critic and I don't know if that will ever change but I am more gentle on myself each day. I have learned to appreciate my body for all of the terrible things I have put it through in the past, all the healing that it had to go through and all the hard work that it does for me now.

We only get one body in this life and what we do with it is our choice. For today and the rest of my life, I'm going to strive to do what is best for my body as well as my spirit. I want to live a long healthy life. In order to do that I must continue to learn ways to love myself and let my body know that I care.  In the movie Hungry for Change, Dr Northrup suggested that we put a note in the places we look the most that says, "I totally and completely love and accept myself right now." I immediately did just that. I am starting to think it has helped me. What do you think? Do you love yourself as you are today?

No comments:

Post a Comment