Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Blood Type Diet

About a couple of months ago now we started following the Eat 4 Your Blood Type Diet by Dr. D'Adamo. To sum up, there is a list of food that is beneficial, neutral and to avoid given for each specific blood type. It makes it real easy to know what to eat and what you shouldn't to maintain a healthy weight. So far it seems to be spot on. I have noticed less gas, bloating and discomfort. My fiancee and I eat the same meals each day and it was a little difficult since we are different blood types. But with a few adjustments we are managing just fine. For my type I'm supposed to follow a near vegetarian diet. Who would have guessed? I definitely wasn't raised on one. Over the last 5 years though I have been working toward that anyways, so good for me. I just received word the other day that they now have cookbooks made up for each blood type, might have to check them out. Here's to your health!

Had to add this lesson to this post as well as it pertains to BTD. We recently went on a trip to Cabo to have a memorial for my Grandpa. Needless to say that meant going off our BTD. Not completely but enough. After a couple of days of eating some "no no" foods I began to have tummy troubles. It lasted the rest of the trip. Although we were eating fairly healthy foods, just taking in the ones that I had stopped eating, like (tomatoes, peppers, pork) my stomach started to rebel. It continued for a couple of days after our return to our normal diet. All is back to normal now and I have to say I am convinced that this will be a lifestyle change for our future. My body is much happier staying away from foods that cause me intestinal trouble. Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment